Industry leading standards and service | Free bin placement for commercial clients | Immediate weigh and pay onsite if required
PROFESSIONAL METAL RECYCLING AND SALES WITH UNPARALLELED LEVELS OF SERVICE AND SAFETY
General Metal Recyclers offers a range of services including scrap metal collection with a weigh and pay service for all kinds of businesses. Tradies such as plumbers and mechanics that generate scrap on a monthly basis can also be supplied with collection bins or can bring scrap into our yards in Lower Hutt and Levin directly for valuation and immediate payment.
If you need a bin, it will be delivered and picked up again for free and replaced for refilling if necessary. General Metal Recyclers drivers are licensed scrap metal buyers and will weigh your scrap and pay you in cash on the spot should you wish.
General Metal Recyclers’ drivers are also qualified crane operators so safety is assured when the contents of bins are being processed in your yard or premises.
Phone General Metal Recyclers now for more information and to order a bin for your business or make an appointment to bring your scrap metal into one of our Wellington depots for assessment and recycling.
METAL BUYING PROCEDURES AND SAFEGUARDS
General Metal Recyclers operate strict security systems and procedures including monitoring all scrap selling transactions by a security camera system.
If you bring in scrap metal to sell at our depots you will need:
- A government issued photo identification document.
- Current address, phone number and occupation.
- Vehicle registration recorded
- To have deregistered any vehicles prior to delivery and a stamped MR15 form as proof of this
We buy and recycle all metal
General Metal Recyclers will buy all your scrap metal including copper, brass, stainless steel, aluminium, power cables, hot water tanks and any other bulk metal waste.
In order to comply with local safety and environmental laws and regulations, the following items will not be accepted at General Metal Recyclers facilities:
- Residential, commercial and industrial appliances or any other products with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs).
- Light ballast and electrical transformers or transformer components that may contain PCBs.
- Asbestos or asbestos containing materials such as pipe or I-Beam insulation, brake shoes or pads, tiles, packing material and debris.
- Gasoline tanks, oil filters of any kind and engine blocks containing free flowing liquids.
- Tanks, vessels and containers of all sizes unless they are certified to be clean.
- Air bag canisters.
- Water reactive metals (i.e., sodium, potassium, and lithium), magnesium metals (capable of independent combustion), and beryllium metals (health hazard).
- Ammunition shells and any explosives or explosive materials that have not been signed off as empty by property authority.
- Any radioactive materials or containers.
- Waste elemental mercury, including mercury switches.
- Compressed gas cylinders, including propane & LPG bottles unless they are cut in half.
- Oils, other petroleum products and petroleum by-products.
- Any other hazardous materials or hazardous waste.
Efficient scrap metal processing by professional Kiwi business
The experienced team at General Metal Recyclers are totally dedicated to making scrap metal recycling more professional and accountable. Membership of the Scrap Metal Recycling Association of New Zealand backs up our professional standing and we also hold industry standard certifications for a larger scale business including working to ISRI scrap specifications.
General Metal Recyclers is proud to be a 100% owned and operated Kiwi company with an excellent reputation for honest trading, backed by guarantees. We lead the industry with the highest standards of service and solutions delivery.
Scrap metal recycling creates a valuable export resource
Scrap metals that have reached the end of their functional life are a valuable resource to the supplier and recycler alike. When collected and processed the metals deliver materials back into a flourishing market and provide the disposer with a healthy return.
At General Metal Recyclers we shear, bale and process all scrap to ISRI (Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries) specifications. The following materials are sold to primarily overseas buyers to international specifications:
- Stainless steel
- Power cable
- Steel HMS1
- Insize bales
MAKE AN ENQUIRY TODAY
Fill out this form and we’ll be in touch to discuss your requirements.
GENERAL METAL RECYCLERS
SCRAPPING ALL OVER NEW ZEALAND
Wellington | Taranaki | Hawkes Bay | Wairarapa | Palmerston North | Kapiti Coast | Paraparaumu | Levin | Horowhenua | Lower Hutt | Upper Hutt | NZ