Impeccable health and safety record | Operating to the highest ISRI scrap safety specifications | NZQA Certified crane operators and riggers
WELLINGTON BASED METAL RECYCLERS, KEEPING IT SAFE SINCE 2003
If you want to do business with totally professional Wellington-based scrap metal dealers who will give you the best deal available then look no further. General Metal Recyclers operate to the highest operating standards so you can be sure everything is safe as well as compliant.
Drivers of General Metal Recyclers vehicles are all NZQA certified crane operators and riggers so you can be sure that they know how to effectively operate the heavy vehicles and bulk bin handling, along with being knowledgeable licensed buyers of scrap metal.
Health and safety is more important today than ever thanks to the new regulations governing workplace practices. General Metal Recyclers always respects and sticks to strict onsite health and safety rules, be it at your worksite or at our depots.
To date, General Metal Recyclers has not had a serious reportable accident involving either out staff, partners, clients or the environment in the history of the company. This impeccable safety record is something we are proud of but never arrogant about.
A responsible business with inbuilt health and safety
The health and safety of our staff, clients and our partners is the number one priority at General Metal Recyclers. Over the past 20 years the safety needs and requirements of our customers have grown and we have responded to them.
We have invested heavily in training for our employees. You can rest assured that when General Metal Recyclers staff enter your site they are aware of PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements and obligations at all times. This means depot managers can be confident we are operating safely onsite 100% of the time.
A number of our crane operators are NZQA accredited, licensed scrap metal dealers who use certified modern equipment – an important point of difference that we are proud of.
Company health and safety policies and compliance
General Metal Recyclers is committed to heath and safety and takes all practicable steps to provide a safe workplace for our employees. We provide continuous improvement of health and safety with comprehensive policies, such as:
- Complying with all relevant health and safety legislation, standards, and codes of practice
- Supporting the safe and early return to work of injured employees
- Accurately reporting and recording all workplace accidents, incidents and injuries
- Providing adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Management actively consulting with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety and encouraging their participation
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment and systems of work
- Providing ongoing information, instruction and supervision for employees
- Ensuring safe handling, use and storage of materials
- Ensuring all employees are adequately trained and competent to do their tasks
- Developing and using methods to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions and setting targets for improvement
- Providing safe means of access and egress to and from places of work
- Reviewing and revising this policy as necessary at regular intervals to ensure account is taken of any organisation or legal changes.
GENERAL METAL RECYCLERS
SCRAPPING ALL OVER NEW ZEALAND
Wellington | Taranaki | Hawkes Bay | Wairarapa | Palmerston North | Kapiti Coast | Paraparaumu | Levin | Horowhenua | Lower Hutt | Upper Hutt | NZ